Moving goods and cargo on water is risky given all the perils associated with the maritime world. With the Marine Cargo policy, you no longer need to have your heart in your mouth whenever you transport your goods from port-to-port, from the port of loading to the warehouse of the importer, or from the warehouse of origin (exporter) to the destination warehouse (importer).
Provides cover against losses or damage to goods whilst in transit either by sea or air from the exporting country's warehouse to the Insured’s warehouse in Nigeria
What is not insured?
- Willful misconduct of the insured
- Mid-Stream Discharge
- Inherent vice or Nature of the Subject matter insured
- Ordinary leakage/loss in weight or volume/Wear and Tear
- Loss/damage caused by insufficient or unsuitable packing
- Loss/damage caused by delay
- As per voyage
- Policy Excess
- Sum Insured
- Direct Bank Transfer
Cover starts upon issuance of certificate of insurance and ends at completion of voyage (subject to Policy conditions).
- Restoration of financial loss
- Continuity of business
- Rest of mind despite maritime perils
- Repair or replacement of damaged property
- To disclose all material facts of the subject matter
- Immediate notification of claimable event
- In the event of fire, take steps to minimize the loss or damage and recover any missing property
- Cooperate with claim adjusters